One Piece is undoubtedly one of the most popular series of all time. During the past two decades, the story created by Eiichiro Oda has released over 1000 episodes. Although that may seem like a lot, hardcore fans still long for more One Piece content. Luckily, Toei Animation decided to expand their world through a variety of One Piece movies.
Currently, One Piece has a total of 15 movies, with the most recent being One Piece Film: Red. These movies either tell a new story featuring the Straw Hats or retell the series’ old stories with a twist. Since the films’ events take place outside the original continuity, their watch order can be tricky.
If you want to fully enjoy the One Piece films, then you should know the best order to watch them. To help you out, here’s how you should watch the One Piece movies in order.
Recommended One Piece Movies Watch Order
Here’s the best watch order for the One Piece movies. We also included their possible timeline placements, just in case you want to watch them along with the anime.
– One Piece: The Movie (Between Syrup Village Arc and Baratie Arc)
– Clockwork Island Adventure (Between Loguetown Arc and Warship Island Arc)
– One Piece The Movie: Episode of Arabasta: The Desert Princess and the Pirates (Between Arabasta Arc and Post-Arabasta Arc)
– Chopper’s Kingdom on the Island of Strange Animals (Between Arabasta Arc and Post-Arabasta Arc)
– One Piece The Movie: Dead End Adventure (Between Goat Island Arc and Jaya Arc)
– One Piece: The Cursed Holy Sword (Between G8 Arc and Water 7 Arc)
– Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island (Between G8 Arc and Water 7 Arc)
– One Piece The Movie: The Giant Mechanical Soldier of Karakuri Castle (Between G8 Arc and Water 7)
– Episode of Chopper Plus: Bloom in Winter, Miracle Sakura (Between Post-Enies Lobby Arc and Ice Hunter Arc)
– One Piece Film: Strong World (After Little East Blue Arc)
– One Piece 3D: Straw Hat Chase (Between Thriller Bark Arc and Sabaody Archipelago Arc)
– One Piece Film: Z (Between Z’s Ambition Arc and Punk Hazard Arc)
– One Piece Film: Gold (Between Silver Mine Arc and Zou Arc)
– One Piece: Stampede (After Cidre Guild Arc)
– One Piece Film: Red (After Uta’s Past Arc)
This is the recommended watch order for the One Piece movies, starting way back in the East Blue, all the way to the New World. Still, you can choose to watch based on their release date, but the given order is the most optimal if you’re trying to get into One Piece. But are the movies really worth watching?
Should You Watch The One Piece Movies?
Even though the movies aren’t canon, most of them are still enjoyable to watch. They successfully captured the essence of One Piece, giving you more thrilling rides with the Straw Hats. You’ll encounter a lot of new villains, along with a few fan-favorite characters making their return.
However, not all One Piece movies tell new stories. For instance, Episode of Arabasta and Episode of Chopper Plus only retell the events of Arabasta and Drum Island. Other than a few cut moments and minor changes, they don’t provide anything new if you’ve watched the anime.
Other than those, the rest of the One Piece movies are worth watching since they offer a new experience. So where can you watch these movies?
Where Can You Watch The One Piece Movies?
Most of the One Piece movies are available on services such as Netflix, Funimation, and Crunchyroll. However, your region may require you to avail a VPN. You can also buy copies on sites like Amazon and Google Play.
Some of the coverage you find on Cultured Vultures contains affiliate links, which provide us with small commissions based on purchases made from visiting our site. We cover gaming news, movie reviews, wrestling and much more.
Gamezeen is a Zeen theme demo site. Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.