ABOUT CULTURED VULTURES
Since 2013, Cultured Vultures has been offering inexperienced writers opportunities that they may not get elsewhere.
Look, we know you have probably already read hundreds of About Us pages and all of them will more than likely claim to be special, that they stand out from the crowd, and so on.
Let’s not do that.
We’re instead just going to tell you to get in touch if you want to join a community for writers, by writers.
We work with writers to hone their writing style, show them where they can improve, and also how to not only get their work seen, but most importantly, read. We’re independent and pretty small, so we can’t offer you a career, so think of us as your starting point.
Oh, and we can also pay you. It’s not great, but it’s all we can do. People don’t really like adverts, for some strange reason.
So, let’s break down what we do:
– Pay you to write about what you love.
– Only give you assignments if you want them.
– Give advice on how to build your writing portfolio.
– Allow you to write in your time. No minimum obligations.
– Show you how to share your work.
– Give honest feedback and advice on your writing.
– Help you gain access to conventions, gigs, and all sorts.
– Work with you on video content.
– Potentially give you editing training (if you want it).
– Retain no copyright on your work. If you leave, you can publish it elsewhere, though we would have to take it down from CV and redirect it to the current version if applicable.
– Provide review copies of games and movies.
Whenever I get tired of trolling that miserable bastard who keeps leaving my books one-star reviews, I like to check out whats going on in the rest of the known universe by clicking on to Cultured Vultures. Theres films, pop, books, sports, news and opinions galore from the brightest minds to ever slump dead drunk over a keyboard, although did any of them ever almost win a BAFTA? I did. Almost. So in summary, if it’s not on CV it’s not worth knowing about (or maybe they just missed it or something). Two thumbs up from me. Now to get back to checking out that bastard’s house on Street View. Unable to give me zero stars indeed! I’ll fix you
Danny King, BAFTA-Nominated Writer
“Cultured Vultures is one of those places that just oozes coolness—a source for inspiration and enlightenment, entertainment and information, humor and darkness.”
Richard Thomas, Editor-in-Chief, Dark House Press