PlayStation 5 comes with a revamped user interface that makes it easier than ever to interact with your friends, get in-game tips through Game Help, and jump into specific missions through Activities. Sony’s new Control Center helps you seamlessly move between these tasks and your game.
But as cool as it is to receive an in-game interactive notification for a party or to screen share with your friends, sometimes, you just want to go solo. PlayStation 5 allows you to change your online status, which is perfect for times when you wish to play undisturbed or to watch a movie. You will remain connected to the internet, and no online functionalities will be affected—only how your friends see you listed will change.
Here’s how to change your status on the PlayStation 5.
How to Change Online Status While In-Game
Want to change your online status while in the middle of something? Here’s how:
– Press the PS Button to bring up the Control Center menu.
– Scroll towards your right and choose Profile (which has your avatar as the icon).
– Click on Online Status, and you can set your status to either Busy or Appear Offline.
‘Busy’ will let your friends know that you are using the console but don’t want to be bothered. ‘Appear Offline’ will not show you listed at all. The Control Center menu is customizable, so you can bring the Profile option forward if you find yourself using this option often.
How to Change Online Status From the Home Screen
Here’s what you need to do to change your online status from the PS5 Home Screen:
– Once your PS5 loads up, choose Profile (avatar icon) from the menu on the top right.
– Click on Online Status and choose Appear Offline.
How to Change Online Status Using the PlayStation App
Sony has recently redesigned the PlayStation app, which will allow you to quickly sign in to your PlayStation 5, chat with friends, manage downloads, etc. You can quickly change your online status through the app as well:
– Open your PlayStation app and go to “Settings”.
– Choose “Personal Info | Messaging” and click on the edit button next to “Online Status and Now Playing”.
– Here you can set your online status. You can also choose who can see if you are online: anyone, friends of friends, or only friends.
Some of the coverage you find on Cultured Vultures contains affiliate links, which provide us with small commissions based on purchases made from visiting our site. We cover gaming news, movie reviews, wrestling and much more.
Gamezeen is a Zeen theme demo site. Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.