PlayStation 5 allows you to set up automatic updates for games as well as system software. Moreover, players will get to control how much power their PS5 is consuming and can choose how updates take place in rest mode.
How to Change Automatic System Software Update on PS5
Here is how you can enable or disable automatic system updates on your PlayStation 5:
– Start your PlayStation 5 and go to “Settings” (the gear icon on the top right bar).
– Navigate to “System” > “System Software” > “System Software Update and Settings”.
– Here you can enable or disable the “Download Update Files Automatically” option. You can also choose whether or not to “Install Update Files Automatically”.
How to Set Up Automatic Game Updates on PS5
Besides system software updates, you can also set up automatic game updates (patches) on your PlayStation 5. Follow these steps:
– Go to “Settings”.
– Navigate to “Saved Data and Game/App Settings” > “Automatic Updates”.
– Turn on “Auto-Download” and “Auto-Install in Rest Mode”.
How to Keep Your PS5 Connected to the Internet
When the PS5 is in rest mode, the screen turns off and the system enters a low-power state. You can choose to keep your system connected to the internet even in rest mode so that it can download updates. Here is how to do it:
– Again, go to “Settings” > “System”.
– Navigate to “Power Saving” > “Features Available in Rest Mode”.
– Turn on “Stay Connected to the Internet”.
Sony is going the extra mile to let players shape their PlayStation 5 gaming experience. Check out how you can change the vibration-trigger effects on your DualSense controller or adjust audio settings to get the most out of the Tempest 3D audio engine.
Some of the coverage you find on Cultured Vultures contains affiliate links, which provide us with small commissions based on purchases made from visiting our site. We cover gaming news, movie reviews, wrestling and much more.
Gamezeen is a Zeen theme demo site. Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.