Your avatar is the first thing that other players see when you are playing online on PlayStation Network on your PlayStation 5. While Sony does not allow you to upload a custom avatar, you can still choose from hundreds of options available officially. So, if you want to make your online persona more interesting, here’s how you can change your avatar, as well as profile picture, on your PS5.
How to Change Your Avatar/Profile Picture on PS5
Here’s how you change your avatar on the console itself.
– Once you are on the home screen, click on the Online ID option (with your avatar as the icon) from the menu on the top right.
– Choose Profile and a new page showing your profile overview, friends, etc. will appear.
– Click on the Edit Profile (pencil icon) option on the right.
– Now scroll down to click on Avatar. Here you can browse through all the avatars and choose one that suits you.
How to Change Your Avatar Using PlayStation App
The PlayStation app (available on both iOS and Android) makes it easy to sign in to your PlayStation 5 and also allows you to manage your profile on your phone. Here is how you can change your avatar using the app:
– In the bottom menu, choose Play (controller icon).
– Then click on the small profile picture beside your ID name.
– Click on Edit Profile.
– Scroll down to the Avatar section and click on the Edit button next to it.
– Pick the avatar that you want. Enjoy!
Remember, your avatar is visible to everyone. You can upload a custom profile picture that only your friends will see.
Some of the coverage you find on Cultured Vultures contains affiliate links, which provide us with small commissions based on purchases made from visiting our site. We cover gaming news, movie reviews, wrestling and much more.
Gamezeen is a Zeen theme demo site. Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.