Fortnite is about to go through its biggest change since the Black Hole event that transformed Chapter 1 into Chapter 2. There’s been a looming threat on the horizon for the entirety of Season 4: Nexus War and now it’s finally here with the Galactus event.
The Devourer of Worlds has spent a lot of time in Season 4 on the horizon of the map, but he’s now ready to consume the Fortnite island. Only you can stop him in what is sure to be the biggest Fortnite event in quite some time, but are you up to the task?
Here’s everything you need to know to take on the Galactus event in Fortnite: Chapter 2 – Season 4 when it kicks off on December 1st, 2020.
Fortnite Galactus Event Start Times
The Galactus event will take place at the following times on December 1st, 2020 worldwide:
– 4PM ET
– 1PM PT
– 3PM CT
– 9PM GMT
– 10PM CET
– 6PM UTC-3
Due to just how popular the event will be, Epic recommend that you log in one hour before the start time to make sure you don’t miss out. As previous events have shown, lots of people will miss out due to high demand, so ensure you log in to Fortnite and turn up much earlier.
There will be no repeat of the event. There will also be no replay of the event available afterwards.
Fortnite Galactus Event: What’s The Story So Far?
The beginnings of the Galactus event actually stretch far, far back into the history of Fortnite itself. It all began with the Nexus from Chapter 1, which eventually culminated in the Zero Point causing a major implosion on the Fortnite island, bringing a close to Chapter 1.
While travelling the universe to put a stop to Black Winter, arguably the biggest threat the Marvel universe has ever known, Galactus and Thor notice the power surge caused by the Zero Point, resulting in Galactus being overcome with a lust for its power — and consuming the Fortnite island in the process.
Thor travels ahead to warn the residents of the island, but it’s not long before he begins to lose himself, forgetting who he is and even how to speak. In a last ditch effort, he calls upon Lady Sif to use the Bifrost to bring other Marvel heroes and villains to the island. Tony Stark (Iron Man) helps the most, forging technology and weaponry to help combat Galactus, who is drawing closer.
Three months on, it’s time to fight.
Fortnite Galactus Event Quick Facts
– The file size for the Galactus event is the biggest in Fortnite history at over a gigabyte in size. That’s comfortably bigger than the Travis Scott event, which was 600 MB.
– Files have been found to suggest a long downtime following the conclusion of the event, meaning that, whatever happens, we might be waiting around until Season 5 launches on December 2nd.
– It looks like Galactus will be causing some havoc during the event, especially based on the kinds of skins we will be getting next season that have leaked as well as a back bling as part of Fortnite Crew.
– If you’re thinking of streaming or posting a video of the event, you will need to be accepted for SAC to be able to monetise it.
– Files have been leaked for the event that will spoil it, so beware when browsing places like Twitter until the event itself.
Some of the coverage you find on Cultured Vultures contains affiliate links, which provide us with small commissions based on purchases made from visiting our site. We cover gaming news, movie reviews, wrestling and much more.
Gamezeen is a Zeen theme demo site. Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.