After being a part of the game’s settings (but not actually usable) for the longest time, Epic Games have today made gifting in Fortnite a thing with v6.31 update. It will only be available for a week, presumably to test out how it works.
Officially announced on the Fortnite blog, gifting will only allow you to give items from whatever’s in the Item Shop at the time. This seems like it may be to stop spammy accounts from promising to buy items for follows on social media etc, but that probably won’t stop them.
You also won’t be able to items to anyone who has been on your friends list for less than 48 hours, again to possibly crack down on spammy and misleading practices.
Here’s what it looks like in the Item Shop right now (apart from on iOS where Apple have prohibited it) where you will be greeted with the option to either buy it for yourself or for a friend.
Looks simple, but make sure you understand the following caveats:
– Make sure you have Multi-factor authentication enabled on your account. If you’re not sure how to get this setup then check out the instructions here.
– You must have been friends with somebody for at least 48 hours before you can send a gift to them.
– You will only be able to gift three times within a 24 hour period.
– Any gifts that are purchased are NOT refundable.
– You can only gift an item that is currently available in the Item Shop.
So if someone promises they will gift you the Renegade Raider if you follow them or click a link, maybe don’t take them at their word.
Elsewhere in Fortnite, we’ve had a look at a couple of new skins, the Loading Screen for Week 10, and the possibility of snowfall for Season 7.
– Fortnite Season 6 Guide: Carnival Clown Boards Locations & Tips
– Epic Games Need To Leave Fortnite Alone For A While
– 10 Fortnite PS4 & Xbox One Tips To Close The Gap On PC
Some of the coverage you find on Cultured Vultures contains affiliate links, which provide us with small commissions based on purchases made from visiting our site. We cover gaming news, movie reviews, wrestling and much more.