After a successful stint in Steam Early Access, The Farm 51’s Chernobylite will be hitting 1.0 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One this July. Exact dates have yet to be detailed, but you can check out the trailer above for a glimpse of what’s in store when Chernobylite fully releases.
Players on PC will also be able to download a “Exclusive Final Pre-Launch Mega Patch” ahead of 1.0 that will drastically overhaul the Chernobylite experience with new voiceovers, story, and soundtrack, among a tonne of other changes that you can find listed in full here.
What Is Chernobylite?
Chernoyblite is a sci-fi survival horror RPG that’s set in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, which has been recreated in-game via 3D scanning. It’s as close to Chernobyl as you can get without getting on a plane and also investing in some radiation pills.
Here are some of the key features:
– Explore a beautiful and horrifyingly accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
– Collaborate or compete with other stalkers in the Zone, but whatever you do, never fully trust them. Remember, everybody has a hidden agenda.
– Face and survive natural and supernatural threats.
– Immerse yourself in a thrilling, non-linear science-fiction horror story.
– Make good use of your chemistry and physics knowledge to craft equipment and manage supplies.
– Fight against savage creatures pouring out of an alternate reality.
– Investigate and collect data with a set of sophisticated environmental and substance-analyzing tools.
Having played it during its earliest days in Early Access, it’s definitely an interesting game, to say the least. I couldn’t gel with it 100%, so hopefully 1.0 will help it click a bit better.
Will Chernobylite Come To PS5 and Xbox Series X | S?
Chernobylite will also be available on PS5 and Xbox Series X | S in the future with more details to come, though will be playable on both via backwards compatibility from day one.
Chernobylite is available now on PC for $29.99/£23.99/€24.99. Those who purchase the game before it hits 1.0 will get all post-launch DLC for free.
Some of the coverage you find on Cultured Vultures contains affiliate links, which provide us with small commissions based on purchases made from visiting our site. We cover gaming news, movie reviews, wrestling and much more.
Gamezeen is a Zeen theme demo site. Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.