Allow us to ease you into some chain wrestling, before a headlock takedown and a gentle whisper of sweet nothing into your ear– Err, I mean, here’s more wrestling news!
– Katsuyori Shibata emerged victorious in this year’s New Japan Cup, defeating Bullet Club’s Bad Luck Fale in the finals.
After the match, Shibata announced he would be cashing in his NJ Cup victory to face Kazuchika Okada for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship.
– WWE Hall of Famer, and 6-time former WCW Heavyweight Champion Sting turns 58 today (March 20th)
Cultured Vultures wishes ‘The Icon’ a very Happy Birthday! *crow noise*
– Johnny Mundo has become the first triple crown champion in world famous Mexican-promotion AAA’s history.
At the AAA Rey de Reyes 2017 event, Mundo defeated El Texano Jr and El Hijo del Fantasma in a Triple Threat Triple Championship match to win both the AAA Mega Championship and AAA World Cruiserweight Championship, in addition to the AAA Latin American Championship he already held.
– Due to US Visa delays, New Japan stars Jushin ‘Thunder’ Liger and YOSHI-HASHI have been pulled from Ring of Honor’s upcoming Supercard of Honor XI event.
Their replacements have been announced as Bullet Club’s ‘Hangman’ Adam Page and The Guerillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Roa) who will now face The Briscoes and Bully Ray in a 6-man tag team match.
– WWE broke the news on their Twitter account earlier today that American Alpha will defend the Smackdown tag Team Championships against The Usos on the upcoming episode of Smackdown Live!
The Usos beat American Alpha in a non-title match during the main event of SD! last week.
– Adam ‘Edge’ Copeland announced via Twitter that the forthcoming ‘E&C Podcast of Awesomeness’ will be feature fan interaction.
In a tweet yesterday, The Rated-R Superstar said:
“We’re making @EandCPod listener interactive. We wanna hear what you got to say. Call 929-367-8204 leave a vm and you may end up on the show”
– Reby Hardy, who has been easily the most vocal of the Hardy clan in the wake of legal issues with Impact/Anthem, again took to Twitter yesterday.
She denounced a legal proposal from the company as ‘laughable’.
She also mentioned that the company is trying to take ownership of other various parts of the Broken Universe, and that “We didn’t bring legal garbage into this. TNA did. They want to bring the law into it, so can we.”
It had been revealed recently that The Hardys are now seeking legal counsel, going into the next steps of this legal battle.