It’s that beautiful time again for wrestling fans where we all come together and geek out over a weekend’s worth of glorious combat. WrestleMania is going Hollywood this year and we have two nights of star-studded blockbusters that would make John Wick shudder. Headlined by two massive championship matches and stacked with the biggest wrestling stars of the current era and yesteryear’s, WrestleMania 39 promises to be the cherry on top of a very successful season year with a massive card to prove it.
WrestleMania 39 will be split across both Saturday and Sunday night with thankfully a reduced card to avoid burnout. WWE have released the full-line up for each night, so set your alarms and mark the calendars for some bangers, let’s go.
WrestleMania 39 Saturday Card
– John Cena vs Austin Theory – United States Championship
– Charlotte Flair vs Rhea Ripley – SmackDown Women’s Championship
– The Usos vs Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens – WWE Unified Tag Team Championship
– Becky Lynch, Lita & Trish Stratus vs Damage CTRL
– Seth ‘Freakin’ Rollins vs Logan Paul
– Rey Mysterio vs Dominik Mysterio
– Braun Strowman & Ricochet vs The Street Profits vs Alpha Academy vs The Viking Raiders
Saturday is set to kick-off in a huge way pitting arguably the biggest star in wrestling history, John Cena, against the up-and-coming US champion, Austin Theory. Many fans have pencilled this match since rumours started to float regarding Cena’s involvement this year, and perhaps this will go down as one of the biggest favours ever done to a rookie on the biggest stage.
The scheduled main-event is currently up in the air, but it’s likely either Flair/Ripley for the SmackDown Women’s title or even the first-ever Tag championship WrestleMania closer in the form of The Usos against Zayn and Owens. Either option would be a cracking finish to the first night.
WrestleMania 39 Sunday Card
– Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes – WWE Undisputed Universal Championship
– Bianca Belair vs Asuka – RAW Women’s Championship
– Gunther vs Drew McIntyre vs Sheamus – Intercontinental Championship
– Edge vs Finn Balor – Hell in a Cell
– Brock Lesnar vs Omos
– Liv Morgan & Raquel Rodriguez vs Natalya & Shotzi vs Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler vs Sonya Deville & Chelsea Green
Sunday has a more marquee feel with the inevitable main event between Reigns and Rhodes. The result of this match may be a tad controversial, depending on which way the creative team book the finale; Roman losing to Cody could damn his babyface run going forward, but equally Cody is one of the only heroes rising to the challenge of following Roman’s historic reign.
The Intercontinental triple threat is absolutely the match to watch, an anticipated classic in the making between three wrestlers at the peak of their careers. Expect Savage/Steamboat quality from this one.
WrestleMania 39 runs across this coming weekend on both April 1st and 2nd on various streaming services.
READ NEXT: The Great Muta To Be Inducted Into The WWE Hall Of Fame 2023
Some of the coverage you find on Cultured Vultures contains affiliate links, which provide us with small commissions based on purchases made from visiting our site. We cover gaming news, movie reviews, wrestling and much more.